Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps-one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability
I’m sorry I’m just now getting around to this. It has been a busy couple of weeks. I’ve seen it 3 times now, so I feel educated enough to write this finally. SO, first off my expectations were sky high on premiere night just considering what this movie is. And for the most part every one of my expectations were met.
I going to talk about my favorite parts first-
- The action sequences were PHENOMENAL-serious props to the stunt team in this movie
- Man, Tom Holland was a great Spider-man can’t wait for Homecoming (and they finally got his sense of humor right-You suck Sony
- I was most excited for Chadwick Boseman as T’Challa, and I was not let down…he was great, and how cool was it to see Black Panther on screen?
- Paul Rudd is hilarious-there’s that
- I actually kind of dig Baron Zemo- More on that in a bit
- War Machine- is the one to take the fall, which is good because no one cares about him
- That airport fight scene is my new favorite scene in a Marvel movie, it’s that good
So on the the whole Zemo thing, I kind of liked him. He was one those villains with a crazy scheme….that wasn’t all that crazy. I kind of felt for the guy. He was very cunning and just kind of helped advanced the story. I was always interested when he was on screen. Huge props to Daniel Bruhl.
One complaint, The ending just felt a little lackluster. The whole movie was so great all the way through, that my expectations for the finale were pretty high and it just felt a bit off. Overall it worked though, I will say that.
One of my new favorite Marvel movies
Grade 9.5/10 A-